Gooch & Housego offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company.
Our six business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance. We also deploy sales and business development teams internationally.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with knowledge and experience programming .NET application software to interact with our instrumentation. This is an exciting opportunity to join the engineering staff of an established company with excellent benefits.
- Work with an agile software team to produce software applications to interact with instrumentation.
- Handle all aspects of software development including implementation, testing, launching and supporting.
- Present accurate time estimates of requested work.
- Communicate well with customers and other staff members.
- Have a creative inclination to design cutting edge graphical user interfaces.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience programming in Visual Studio 2008, 2010 or 2013 .NET WinForms, MFC, WPF, C#, C++, VB
- Experience coding support DLLs and application software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Scrum/Agile software design practices
- Optical radiation measurement knowledge
- Graphical design with Photoshop
- Coding communication protocols such as USB, TCP/IP and Bluetooth
- Embedded Linux
- Objective-C and Cocoa
How to Apply
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Software Engineer in the Subject line.